The Arabian University for Science and Technology makes every effort to ensure that the information provided to applicants about courses of study at the Arabian University for Science and Technology is complete and correct. However, the University reserves the right, at its discretion, and for any reason deemed fitting or necessary, to make changes or cancellations, without notice, for the courses mentioned herein. The Arabian University for Science and Technology cannot accept liability for loss resulting from such changes or cancellations.
A place is offered to you subject to which will be incorporated by reference in all contracts between the University and its students, for a course of study or programme of research. These terms and conditions contain obligations binding upon you and the University and which restrict the University’s liability.
Updated July 22nd, 2022: The University has amended its refund policy for new students planning to join during the 2022/2023 academic year, reflecting the various circumstances in which students may find themselves. The important aspects to note are:
- Offer holders are eligible for a full tuition fee deposit refund at any point of the admissions process if they have not received a CAS from the University and have not yet enrolled for either online or in-person studies.
- Students who have been granted a student visa, who travel to the UAE and enroll in their program during the normal arrival window of their program, will adhere to the standard university policy regarding payments and refunds, which can be found
- Students who have started their formal education and learning online will receive a full refund of any tuition fee payments paid to the university (less than AED 150 as administrative fee) if they are unable to move to the UAE to continue their studies, but only in the following circumstances:
- Where a student's visa application was unsuccessful on any grounds, except where fraudulent documentation was given as a reason for the refusal by the Home Office; or
- Where the student is unable to physically travel to the UAE due to reasons beyond their control, for example as a result of travel restrictions applied either in the UAE or in their home country;
- Students who have obtained a student visa but have not subsequently traveled to the UAE to enroll, no deposit will be refunded.
The following deposit refund policy applies to all overseas applicants (hereinafter referred to as applicants) regardless of the type of visa used to request or obtain permission to enter or additional leave to remain in the UAE for the purposes of applying for admission to the study program at the Arab University of Science and Technology .
The Arabian University for Science and Technology reserves the right to amend this refund policy, at its discretion, and for any reason deemed fitting or necessary, without notice.
Any refund made will be at the sole discretion of the Arab League for Science and Technology and will be subject to an administration fee of AED 150. The University will consider all deposit refund requests on an individual basis. & nbsp; Refunds will be issued for deposits only in the following cases:
- Where an applicant has withdrawn their application for study prior to being issued with a CAS, or;
- Where an applicant has applied for leave to enter/remain which has subsequently been refused by UKVI, and;
- The applicant has provided the University with copies of documents received from UKVI in relation to the refusal, including a transcript of any interview undertaken with UKVI as part of the application for leave to enter/remain, as requested by the University and as detailed in the CAS policy, and;
- The applicant can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the University, that they have not contributed in any way to the refusal, and
- The applicant has followed instructions, issued by the University, in relation to the application for leave to enter/remain, and;
- The applicant has submitted a request to UKVI for an administrative review, appeal or similar as requested by the University, which has subsequently been rejected, and;
- Following the rejection of the request for an administrative review, appeal or similar, the University has deemed that it no longer wishes to sponsor or support a further application for leave to enter/remain, and;
- Either there are no legitimate alternative ways, within the immigration rules, for the applicant to obtain permission to enter or remain in the UAE to the extent that the applicant cannot undertake their chosen or alternative study program, or;
- The applicant having satisfied all of the criteria as detailed above wishes to withdraw their application for study.
Please note, refunds can only be issued to your original payment method.
A panel comprising of staff from the Centre and Legal Services will meet, after each intake has been completed, to review each refund request received from any student whose visa application was refused by the UKVI. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that the panel has received any documentation or evidence they wish to be considered relating to their request for a refund. The panel may request additional information from third parties, including the Home Office. If in the reasonable opinion of the panel the student has not fulfilled the refund criteria or the circumstances in which a deposit would not normally be refunded have been met, the deposit will not be refundable.
Deposit payments will NOT be refunded in the following circumstances:
- Where a visa application is approved by the Home Office.
- Where the applicant successfully obtains leave to remain in the UAE
- Where a visa application is refused on the grounds of any fraudulent activity, irrespective of whether or not the applicant contributed to the fraudulent activity.
- Where an applicant is issued a CAS by the Arabian University for Science and Technology and does not commence their studies and/or complete the University’s enrolment process.
- Where a visa application is refused for any reason and the University deems the applicant contributed towards the refusal. To be considered for a refund the applicant must follow any instructions given to them by the University.
- Where a visa application is refused and the applicant fails to submit a request to UKVI for an administrative review, appeal or similar, having been advised by the University to do so.